In keeping with my recent trend away from ever posting recipes, here is another totally random post! Enjoy! I promise to get back to the regularly scheduled programming just as soon as I actually cook something again.
I was tagged by Happy Fit Mama in the 11 things post/challenge, which is kinda cool because mostly I do not get much interaction with other bloggers in my quiet corner of the CSA food blogging world. As per the rules, I’m supposed to tag others, and frankly I will totally skip that part, because, well, see the above about not getting much interaction – I wouldn’t really know who to tag. By nature, I’m a big dropper of chain letters and such, and I’ve probably racked up enough bad karma from not passing those things on to last through at least a few generations. So I’m going against nature here in doing this at all, but I figure this one is interesting enough to be worth a try.
(A quick aside about Happy Fit Mama – I’ve been reading more fitness blogs lately, and this is one that I really like. Angela absolutely knows her stuff, and her blog manages to be both personal and educational. I’m going to build out a second blogroll with some of my fitness favorites soon, in case you are looking for some good corners of the HLB world. OK, back to the post.)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. 5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
11 Random Harmonious Kitchen Things:
1. I am a certified Feldenkrais practitioner. I promise, it’s less weird than you are imagining it is. I don’t practice much anymore, but I have retained tons of kinestetic awareness from the training. Tons.
2. I used to own a bakery. I have A LOT to say about that experience, and am currently trying to write it into a semi-coherent book.
3. I would like to be a yoga instructor someday. This seems like it should totally be doable, but it feels like it is worlds away from where I am now.
4. TV ruined my life. Can you be addicted to TV? If you can, I once was. I’m like cold turkey TVAnon now.
5. I’m an only child. Not much to say about that except that it is lonely.
6. I currently work for the Sisters of Notre Dame. It’s wonderful. It’s a lot like working anywhere else except that there is less pressure to wear makeup.
7. I am obsessed with The Container Store. In my perfect world, everything I own is inside of a container which is, itself, inside of another container.
8. I’m from Wisconsin. I have only almost assimilated into SoCal life.
9. I’m learning the accordion. I need there to be another 1 – 2 hours in each day so I can make more headway on getting good at it!
10. I will do anything for sugar candy. Mike and Ikes, gummy bears, jelly bellies, spice drops – I crave them all. It’s awful for you, I know, but I am so happy with a bag of gummy bears and a fresh google blog reader. So so happy.
11. Thinking about physics gives me vertigo. In the car today, Nell was asking about why we needed oxygen and I started to explain breathing and such to her, and suddenly everything felt so fragile and complex, and it hurt to think about it. This is why I did not go into science.
11 Questions for me to Answer:
1. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, every time.
2. Aisle or window seat? Window, better for sleeping.
3. What’s your favorite way to workout? Jillian Michaels videos – they are fast, varied, and effective.
4. What is your dream job? It’s possible that I have it.
5. If you could run/workout with any celebrity, who would it be? Jillian Michaels. I’d like to have her kick my butt in person.
6. Which do you prefer – ocean, lake, river, or desert? Lake.
7. Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods? Both! Whole Foods for meats and any non-CSA produce I need, TJ’s for everything else.
8. Mountains or beach vacation? Mountains for skiing. (We live at the beach!)
9. Did you play any sports in high school? Only if sulking in my own emo righteousness counts as a sport. I was very good at it.
10. Do you play any musical instruments? Yes! Piano, voice, soon to be accordion.
11. What’s your favorite snack? Trail mix from TJ’s.